Sunday, January 1, 2012

"It might be time to start looking at getting uncomfortable..."

Nice post by Travis Liles over at Run The Ultras on taking your training to a new level.  I love the last few sentences about if you want to improve your results, you're going to have to make your training uncomfortable. It's a nice reminder, with my spring marathon training starting this week, of what it'll take to achieve my goals in April. Approaching my training with the same attitude that I've had over the last few years will just lead to the same lack luster results. I'm going to have to wake up early on cold winter mornings that I'd much rather stay in bed. I'm going to have to push myself through speed work on days that I'd rather just head out for some easy miles. If I'm going to run a sub 3 hour marathon, the road to get there is going to be uncomfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment