Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Carmel Marathon Training - Week 6 02/06/12 - 02/12/12


Monday - 6.02 miles (tempo)
Tuesday - 10.07 miles (speed work - mile repeats w/warm up & cool down)
Wednesday - 6.38 miles (trail)
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 20.23 miles
Sunday - Rest

So I'm six weeks in to the FIRST training plan & I haven't done a cross training workout yet.  I'm getting in almost all of my key running workouts but I just can't find the motivation to spin in the garage when I can go out and get in an extra run.  I don't think it's hurting my training.  Since starting the program, I'm down over 15lbs and I'm getting faster.  Doing 6x1600m repeats, all at 6:11 or faster, is something I haven't been able to do in years. Discipline has definitely been the key to the results that I'm seeing. While I'm flexible on what days I run which workouts, I know at the end of the week, I'll have completed all of them (except the cross training).  

No comments:

Post a Comment