Sunday, January 8, 2012

Carmel Marathon Training - Week 1 01/02/12 - 01/08/12

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 5 miles (Treadmill tempo)
Wednesday - 6.2 miles (Trails)
Thursday - 8 miles (Speed work)
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 13.1 miles
Sunday - Rest

Weekly Total - 32.3

I did my 3 key workouts as prescribed by the FIRST plan but didn't get in any of the cross training. I was going to spin on Wednesday but the opportunity to hit the trails is always a more enjoyable option.  I'm happy with this week's training as a whole but I was a bit upset with not being able to maintain my goal pace on the tempo portion of Tuesday's treadmill session and on the mile repeats on Thursday.  I do realize though that the paces I had planned are for someone who is currently capable of running a sub 3 hour marathon & I still have 15 weeks to go. Briefly flirted with the idea of running 8 miles today to get in 40 miles for the week but I haven't had a 30+ miles week that didn't include a marathon or 50k in over 6 months.  Taking the extra day off this week will be beneficial as I start to ramp up the mileage in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment